The Hoare lab is actively engaged in developing translatable technologies in the area of advanced functional materials and biomedical materials. The following represent the current intellectual property catalogue of the Hoare lab. For more details on any of these technologies, or for potential licensing opportunities, please contact Dr. Hoare (email@example.com)
14. Hoare, T.; Mishra, R.; Simpson, M.; Katare, Y.; Smeets, N.M.B.; Piazza, J.E. “Microgels for the Delivery of Hydrophobic Bioactives”. U.S. Provisional Patent Application 62/362,105, filed July 14, 2016.
13. Hoare, T.; Sadowski, L.P.; Luo, H.; Badv, M. “A Brush Amphiphilic Block Copolymer Enabling Fabrication of Self-Assembled Nanoparticles”. U.S. Provisional Patent Application 62/360,615, filed July 11, 2016.
12. Smeets, N.M.B.; Bakaic, E.; Hoare, T. “Injectable and Tunable Poly(ethylene glycol) Analogue Hydrogels”. U.S. Provisional Patent Application 62/074868, filed November 4, 2014; PCT patent application 14/932,444, filed November 4, 2015.
11. Sivakumaran, D.; Hoare, T. “An Aqueous Self-Assembly Method to Fabricate Degradable Covalently-Crosslinked Microgels”. U.S. Provisional Patent Application 62/065,168, filed October 17, 2014; PCT patent application, filed October 17, 2015.
10. Sheikholeslami, P.; Hoare, T. "Shear-Thinning Mucoadhesive Compositions for Ophthalmic Therapies”. U.S. Provisional Patent Application 61/972616, filed March 31, 2014.
9. Hoare, T.; Selvaganapathy, P.R.; Yang, J.; Campbell, S.B.; Wu, W-I. “A Mixing Microinjection Device with Precise and Simultaneous Small Volume Injection Control of Multiple Components”. U.S. Provisional Patent Application 61/899492, filed November 4, 2013.
8. Mishra, R.; Hoare, T.; Smeets, N.M.B.; Johnson, R.; Piazza, J.E. “Intranasally Administered STL-Functionalized PAOPA-Loaded POEGMA Microgels for the Treatment of Schizophrenia and Parkinson’s”. U.S http://pharmacieviagra.com/boutique/acheter-viagra/. Provisional Patent Application 61/872021, filed August 31, 2013; Canadian PCT Application CA2014050827, filed August 29, 2014.
7. Ciolino, J.; Hoare, T.; Langer, R.; Kohane, D. “Contact Lens Drug Delivery Device”, U.S. Patent 8,414,912, issued April, 2013; European Patent EP2370054, issued October, 2015 - also covered by Australian Patent Application 2009325061; Chinese Patent Application 200980155128; Indian Patent Application 4484/DELNP/2011 (all applications filed December 9, 2011)
6. Hoare, T.; Kohane, D.S. “Microgel Compositions and Methods”. U.S. Patent Application US/2010/001696, filed June 14, 2010.
5. Hoare, T.; Kohane, D.S.; Fenn, A.; Neeley, W.L.; Langer, R. “Radiative Heating for Drug Delivery and Other Applications”, U.S. Patent Application US 2011/0212027, filed July 23, 2009.
4. Hoare, T.; Kohane, D.S.; Santamaria Ramiro, J. “Heating of Polymers and Other Materials using Radiation for Drug Delivery and Other Applications”, U.S. Patent Application US 2011/0230568 A1, filed July 23, 2009.
3. Hoare, T.; Kohane, D.S.; Langer, R.; Shapiro, M; Yeo, Y.; Kim, G.; Khushrushahi, S. “Magnetic Heating for Drug Delivery and Other Applications”, U.S. Patent Application US 2011/0212163 A1, filed July 23, 2009.
2. Simons, M.; Hoare, T.; Kohane, D.; Langer, R. “Tympanic Membrane Permeating Ear Drops and Uses Thereof”, U.S. Patent Application US 2011/0166060, filed May, 2009.
1. Hoare, T. Pelton, R. “Glucose Responsive Microgels”. Canadian Patent Application CA 2006/000487, filed March, 2006